Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Welcome to Fiftylandia!

The weather is lovely, albeit with momentary flashes of heat and humidity.  The road is not well travelled and sometimes the souvenirs are tacky and crazy-overpriced!  This is a crazy adventure with confusing street signs and strange customs but it's totally worth the price of the ticket!

My plan for this blog is to share my observations of life at 50. Half a flippin' century. Where did the time go? I'm smack dab in the middle of the Jones Generation. I've been tumbling down the rabbit hole of ancestry research and finding out all sorts of interesting things about myself and my family. I am an only child to recently departed beloved parents. I'm a stepmom. I have a career. I love food. I love my husband. I live in the upper Midwest and complain loudly in the summer about mosquitos the humidity and the fact that it's light out til 10. I complain even more loudly in the winter when it's so cold snot freezes IN your head. I have a great golden retriever and a fabulous life. Yes, I have first world problems but I try not to be a narcissistic whiner who complains about them. I do my own windows and toilets but my husband cleans out the catbox. We have the balance.

I've been reading blogs of all kinds for many years, often lurking in the shadows and as part of my inner "Damnit I'm 50!" dialogue, finally decided it was time for me to stop treading water and take a dive into the deep end! 

Want to go on this crazy ride with me?  Come on, let's go. It'll be fun. Mind the toll money.



No comments:

Post a Comment