Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Talkin' TV

The enchiladas were a hit! We had our work potluck today and in spite of a sea of cream of something soup traditional Minnesota hotdishes, my enchiladas were pretty much wiped out! Sadly, no one brought jello, cool whip, pudding, maraschino cherry or mandarin orange concoctions.  Oh well.

I just baked off the last two batches of cookies I'd whipped up the other day. Crispy Butterscotch Spice cookies that smell like pralines and Edna's Eggnog Logs. I have no idea who Edna is, but she created a mean shortbread nutmeg cookie. I still want to make buckeyes, which are just putzy Reese's peanut butter cups. 

The Voice finals are on right now. I love that show... I watched it last season but missed several episodes. This year, I've watched every episode and am really rooting for Nicholas from Minnesota. He's a soulful funky character and I love his style. He reminds me of Paul Cebar. I have a feeling Cassidee Pope is going to win. She's talented, but her voice just doesn't have the warmth I like. I like Terry McDermott too. It's been fun listening him bring back the old rock classics. Ah...memories!!

I was telling my husband that I've been hoping to find some of the old classic Hollywood movies on TCM or AMC. I love movies like A Holiday Affair, An Affair to Remember, Since You Went Away. An Affair to Remember was on over the weekend and we watched that.  There she was sitting on the couch with her little shriveled legs...and he goes in her bedroom and sees that painting and knows...*sob*  I am dvr'ing (is that a word? I just want to say "tape") Christmas in Connecticut tonight with Barbara Stanwyck. 

Well, I don't have much to add to advance the cause tonight.  Hope all is well in the world and peace to those with troubling thoughts, comfort to the sad and a warm bed for those without.

No comments:

Post a Comment